In Celebration of the Year of Food and Drink, Prince of Scots proudly announces a refreshing new cocktail just in time to celebrate Tartan Week. After creating The Official Scotch Whisky Cocktail’ of the National Trust for Scotland Foundation USA, The Luckenbooth for Tartan Week 2014, our scotch tasting team have come up with a new drink for Tartan Week 2015, The Glasgow Mule.
A classic mule or buck is composed of a base spirit, citrus and ginger ale or ginger beer. Our formula for The Glasgow Mule, named for its Scotch foundation uses fresh lemon, a tribute to Scotland’s historical ties to France with the versatile St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, Reeds Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale plus a dash of aromatic Angostura bitters over crushed ice to complete this tart and refreshing whisky drink.
The Glasgow Mule
- 2 ounce blended Scotch whiskey
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 Dash Angostura bitters
- 4 ounce Ginger Beer (More Delicate Palate May Enjoy Ginger Ale)
- Build all ingredients in a Prince of Scots Copper Glasgow Mule Mug
- Add crushed ice and stir.
- Garnish with a Lemon Wheel and Candied Ginger.
Prince of Scots has just launched a Premium Copper Collection of Mugs which include the first ever Official Glasgow Mule. Get yours today and enjoy the Perfect Celebration of the Year of Food and Drink.