It is the harvest season and the bounty of the season is ripe for reaping. There is nothing like the taste of a rich meaty heirloom tomato….each Variety is a taste in perfection.
Enjoy the taste of summer with our Hampton Heirloom Tomato Bloody Mary Mix. Head over to the farmers market and select a variety of heirloom tomatoes. You will need about 5 pounds so pick smaller juicy ones as these beauties can sometimes be pounders. It will only take about 10 minutes to prepare so this recipe is quick and easy and sure to impress summer guest.
Pair this recipe with our copper collection or glassware and make a truly elegant presentation for sipping pleasure.
- 5 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh horseradish (add more if you like the kick)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (we like Texas Pete’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Pickle Spear or Celery
1. Chop tomatoes into 1 1/2″ chunks and place to a large bowl. Make sure you keep all the juices. Add salt and toss to combine. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to bring out the distinct flavor of the tomatoes. You should end up with about 2 cups juice underneath.
2. Depending on the size of your blender you may need to do this process in steps. Place tomatoes in a blender and blend on high-speed until smooth mix, this will be about 2 minutes. Transfer puree to a fine mesh strainer and press puree through with the bottom of a ladle into the bowl with the tomato juice. Discard solids. When all tomato is pureed and strained, whisk together puree and juice and transfer to a large pitcher or covered container.
3. Add horseradish, lemon juice, lime juice, horseradish, celery salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper and whisk to combine the ingredients.
4. Serve in a glass or copper mug over ice with vodka, tequila, or gin and add garnish of pickles, olives or celery. Make is a brunch and all all three…your guest will love the snacks will sipping the bloody mary.